Submerse yourself in the stunning scenery of the Lake District whilst learning open canoe paddling techniques and essential bushcraft skills. This course is specifically designed to teach you the necessary skills required to handle you’re canoe and you will cover a variety of bushcraft subjects that will enable you to be more confident during your travels in an unfamiliar environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Open Canoe Paddling Techniques
- Various Bushcraft Skills dependant on location
- Game Prep
- Water Preparation and purification
- Well Practiced Campcraft Skills
COURSE DETAILS AND LOCATION
Location: Lake District
Time: 09:00 Saturday – 16:30 Sunday
Duration: 2 day.
Participants: 6 people.
Please note this course involves game preparation.
All food tea and coffee will be provided during this course.
CAN I TAKE PART?
- Age 18+.
- Suitable for individuals, couples, groups of friends etc.
- Skills needed: Novice
- Fitness levels: A standard level of fitness is all that is required although some elements may be physically demanding depending on individuals ability.
WHAT DO I BRING?
All of the clothing and equipment that you bring must be appropriate to the environment and the time of year. Otherwise you risk putting your health in danger.
This course will go ahead even in adverse weather. So please pack sensibly.
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser
- knife Fork Spoon Plate/Bowl Cup
- Warm clothing
- Sleeping bag
- Small 1-2 man tent or hammock
- Spare clothing
- Sleeping mat
- Water Bottle 1L minimum (Juice Bottle will be adequate)
- Head torch with fresh batteries and a spare set
- Wash kit
- Insect repellant spray
- Sunglasses / Hat (for summer)
- Thermals / gloves / Hat (for winter)
- Notebook and pen
ABOUT YOUR BOOKING
The perfect all round adventure. During this 2 day land and water based expedition you will benefit from expert canoe tuition coupled with learning essential bushcraft survival and wilderness living skills. With a maximum of 6 students and 2 instructors you will reap the benefits from the personal attention you will receive from your instructors. As the weather in the lakes can be unpredictable we will make a decision 2-4 days before your course as to which lake and campsite we use in order to maximise your enjoyment and learning environment. Included in the price is your Canoe hire – to including buoyancy aids, paddles, bailers, spars, dry bag or barrel and helmets where needed. All bushcraft instruction (this will most likely carry on into the evening so Saturday could be 12-14hrs long). All food and drink (Non Alcoholic) is catered for during this course, starting with lunchtime meal Saturday through to Sunday lunchtime (4 meals). Please arrange other meals outside of these times. Saturday night you will be staying on a campsite that we have carefully selected to meet your needs. If you wish to arrive on the Friday before your course starts, you may book your own accommodation and meet us on the Saturday morning at the agreed time and meeting point.
A fun filled adventure that will leave you craving more.