Unlike other courses we offer at Natural Survivor, this one is all about you, your wellbeing, inner peace and mindfulness. Due to my life experiences, I have been on a personal recovery journey for quite sometime, now I constantly look for that escape or just to be in peaceful surroundings and taking in nature. It is very important for me to take a step back from life and take in some peace and tranquility coupled with mindfulness activities. This course is designed with exactly that in mind. Any activity you choose to do is entirely at your discretion. You can take everything at your own pace and do as much or as little as you like. Remember this is about you leaving the course feeling relaxed refreshed and energised. Each morning I will begin my day with a gentle walk in and around the woodlands to awaken my senses, reconnect and take in the morning beauty that the environment has to offer. I would like to invite you to join me on the walk and maybe catch a glimpse of some wildlife roaming around in its natural habitat. This activity is optional. There will be various activities on offer throughout your stay and I will be guided by you and follow the flow of what people would like to do. Each day will end with a gentle evening stroll into the night for some star gazing and a spot of natural navigation. Feeling relaxed the evening is yours to enjoy. Meal times will be a group effort and a range of meat and vegetables will be on offer along with healthy options, so as a collective you can decide how that food will be turned into a tasty meal.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Various activities will be on offer during your stay:
- Spoon carving
- Shelter Building – If you wish to sleep in a shelter you have constructed, you will be shown the best practice method to construct it
- Woodland cooking
- Natural cordage
- Natural Navigation
- Included in your weekend is a 60 minute Aromatherapy Massage.
What is Aromatherapy Massage?
Aromatherapy is an ancient therapeutic treatment that enhances well being, relieves stress and helps in the rejuvenation and regeneration of the human body. Aromatherapy uses volatile plant materials, known as essential oils, and other aromatic compounds for the purpose of altering a person’s mind, mood, cognitive function or health.
Aromatherapy Massage aims to:
- Reduce stress
- Relax tense muscles
- Relax the mind
- Improve blood flow
- Improve circulation and immune system functionality
- Relieve or prevent physical dysfunction and pain
- Increase overall feeling of well-being
- If you wish to sleep in a shelter you have constructed, you will be shown the best practice method to build it.
COURSE DETAILS AND LOCATION
Location: Rushbrooke Estate Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
Time: 19.00 Fri – 12:00 Sunday
Duration: 3 day.
Participants: 12 people.
All food Tea, Coffee, Squash and water will be provided during this course.
CAN I TAKE PART?
- Age 18+.
- Suitable for individuals, families, groups of friends etc.
- Skills needed: Novice
WHAT DO I BRING?
All of the clothing and equipment that you bring must be appropriate to the environment and the time of year. Otherwise you risk putting your health in danger. So please pack sensibly.
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser
- knife Fork Spoon Plate/Bowl Cup
- Water Bottle 1L minimum is ideal
- Head torch if staying overnight
- Gloves for shelter building
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- hammock or small 1-2 man tent
- Wash kit
- Spare clothing
- Sensible footware for woodland
- Insect repellant spray
- Sunglasses / Hat (for summer)
- Thermals / gloves / Hat (for winter)
- Notebook and pen
- Anything you require to make your stay comfortable
ABOUT YOUR BOOKING
This course is about you relaxing having fun and re-energising, therefore we would like to ask that people indulging in quiet time is respected at all times. This will ensure every individual can maximise their time to totally unwind.
Linkwood Road, Rushbrooke Estate, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk