Firstly you will be introduced to the world of survival, you will be put into groups and given a scenario in which you will have to make decisions on priority based on the equipment you have on a list. Once you have completed this exercise you will learn the correct order that things need to be carried out forth give you the best chance of rescue. You will receive instruction and guidance on choosing the correct location for your shelters to be built and demonstrations on the construction of shelters. in your teams you will select a scenario and then you will have to work to a deadline to complete all aspects of the challenge. this will be followed by a team debrief on how they done overall. This course is designed to challenge individuals in an unfamiliar environment, you will work individually as well as teams. you will be set various tasks that will need to be completed for your best chance of rescue.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Constructing a thermal shelter
- Fire lighting techniques
- Water preparation
- How to make life more comfortable in the wild.
- The importance of teamwork.
- Necessity to follow instructions from team members.
- The importance of working to a deadline.
- The necessity of individual effort within a team.
- When things become challenging you will have to pull out that little extra from inside you.
COURSE DETAILS AND LOCATION:
Location: Rushbrooke Estate – Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
Time: 08:00 – 17:30
Duration: 1 day.
Participants: 12 people.
Please note this course involves game preparation.
Food and Hot drinks are provided.
CAN I TAKE PART?
- Age 16+.
- A high level of fitness is not required but there will be physical activities throughout the day.
- Skills needed: Positive outlook
WHAT DO I BRING?
All of the clothing and equipment that you bring must be appropriate to the environment and the time of year. Otherwise you risk putting your health in danger.
Equipment that is required for the duration of your stay will be provided.
This course will go ahead even in adverse weather conditions. So pack sensibly.
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Gloves for shelter building
- Antibacterial Hand Cleanser
- If you take medication please ensure you have enough for the duration of your stay.
- Knife Fork Spoon Plate/Bowl/Cup.
- Insect Repellant
- Sunglasses / Hat (for summer)
- Thermals / gloves (for winter)
- Notebook and Pen
Linkwood Road, Estate, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk