Relax by the campfire and whittle the day away, enjoy the peacefulness the woodland offers and try your hand at some woodland cooking.
A great relaxing activity and a useful skill to have for any outdoors enthusiast.
- Wood selection
- A guide to cutting & carving tools and safe handling
- Spoon design
- The importance of personal hygiene
- Introduction to open fire cooking equipment
- Food preparation
- Cooking styles
- Enjoy a hot tasty lunch
This is a Practical session where you can take home the spoon you make and eat the food you cook.
DURATION AND COURSE TIMINGS:
The duration of this course is 1 day
Start time is 08:30 – 16:30
All timings are approximate and may vary depending on individual ability on the day.
COURSE DETAILS AND LOCATION
Location: Rushbrooke Estate, Suffolk (Near Bury St Edmunds)
Time: 08.30 – 16.30
Duration: 1 day.
Maximum Participants: 8 people.
Minimum Participants: 2 People (this may vary from time to time)
Tea Coffee and Squash will be provided for the day.
All food will be supplied during the course
CAN I TAKE PART?
- Age 8+. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Suitable for individuals, families, groups of friends, scouting & guiding groups and other youth groups.
- Skills needed – Simply be a good listener!
WHAT DO I BRING?
All of the clothing and equipment that you bring must be appropriate to the environment and the time of year. Otherwise you risk putting your health in danger.
This course will go ahead even in adverse weather. So pack sensibly.
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser
- Knife Fork Spoon Plate/Bowl Cup
- Water Bottle 1L minimum (Juice Bottle will be adequate)
- Insect repellant spray
- Sunglasses / Hat (for summer)
- Thermals / gloves / Hat (for winter)
- Notebook and pen
ABOUT YOUR BOOKING
You don’t need to spend a fortune on kit so if you are unsure what to purchase please contact us for advice before buying.
Linkwood Road, Estate, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk